Jesus Changes Everything: "Jesus Changes our Confidence"
Jesus Changes Everything: “Jesus Changes our Confidence”
I. The risen King gives us His peace. (John 20:18-19)
Shalom– A condition of flourishing, wholeness, completeness, and delight; everything being just as God intended it to be.
1. He showed up. (Incarnation)
2. He stayed. (Investment)
3. He spoke. (Infusion)
John 16:33-“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 14:27- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
Colossians 3:15-16 - “And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts… Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…”
II. The risen King sends us on mission. (John 20:20-21)
Matthew 28:18-20 - “Jesus said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations…I will be with you to the very end.’”
III. The risen King gives us the Spirit. (John 20:22-23)
1. God’s presence.
2. God’s power.
3. Gospel proclamation.
1. How would you describe in your own words the peace that Jesus brings you? Read Romans 5:1 and Philippians 4:7. What do you see about God’s peace that we are to know and believe?
2. How can both Christians and non-Christians relate to the notion of shalom? (Look up definition from Sunday)
3. How can we utilize this longing for peace we all have in our sharing Christ’s story with the world?
4. Review what the role of the Holy Spirit is in our daily lives and evangelism. How are these truths realities in your life lately? (John 14:15-17 and John 16:13-15)
5. How can you live as a “sent one” where you currently live and work? With your C group ministry to others? Read John 1:6-7 and pray to share the Gospel this week.