Jesus Changes Everything: "Jesus Changes Our Worship" - Part 2
Jesus Changes Everything: Jesus Changes our Worship - Part 2
I. Fulfillment of prophecy.(Matthew 21:1-6)
Isaiah 35:5-6 - “Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.”
2 Samuel 7:12-13 - “When your days are over, and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you…and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.”
Zechariah 9:9-10 - “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation… humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt of a donkey…. his rule shall be from sea to sea …to the ends of the earth.”
Zechariah 14:8-9 - “On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea and half of them to the western sea. It shall continue in summer as in winter. And the Lord will be king over all the earth…”
II. Conquering humility. (Matthew 21:1-6)
III. Unwavering Obedience. (Matthew 21:1-6)
~ Obedience is based on God’s revealed will, empowered by His Spirit, for His glory and our good.
IV. False worship. (Matthew 21:7-11)
V. True worship. (Matthew 21:12-17)
~Worship is based on God’s revelation of Himself in Christ, empowered by His Spirit and for His glory and our good.
Faith Sheet This Week
1. How does fulfillment of Scripture prophecy help to strengthen your trust in God’s Word?
2. Does Jesus’ cleansing of the temple imply that it is wrong for churches to have bookstores and so forth? Why or why not?
3. Why should seeing ourselves as the temple of God’s presence on earth bring seriousness and purpose to our lives, especially pertaining to worship?
4. What might a life more abandoned to praise and worship of Jesus look like for you in your daily living?
5. Read these scriptures on worship, discuss and then pray. 1 Chronicles 16:23-31, Psalm 99, Isaiah 29:13, John 4:21-24, Romans 12:1-2, Hebrews 12:28-29 and Revelation 14:7.