The Church on Mission: "A Spirit-led Ministry"
The Church on Mission: “A Spirit-led Ministry”
Missional: Living daily for the mission of Christ to see people love God, love others and become disciple-makers.
Church: Consists of everyone, everywhere, who has a faith relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spirit-led: Living daily relying on the Spirt as we learn from Scripture how to leave our old life behind and walk in our new life in Christ.
I. Proclamation. (Acts 4:1-2)
2 Corinthians 4:5 - “For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.”
II. Persecution. (Problems) (Acts 4:1-7)
1. Historical Authority.
2. Empirical Authority.
3. Experiential Authority.
4. Christ’s Resurrection Authority.
Mark 13:11 -“And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say…for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.”
III. Power. (Acts 4:8-12)
Colossians 3:16 - “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…”
Ephesians 5:18 - “…be filled with the Spirit…”
IV. Presence. (Acts 4:13-20)
V. Persistence. (Acts 4:21-22)
VI. Praise. (Acts 4:21-22)
VII. Prayer. (Acts 4:23-31)
1. God is the Sovereign Lord over all.
2. God is our Creator.
3. Jesus is the Anointed One.
4. God has a predestined plan that will succeed.
5. We ask to speak with boldness.
6. We ask that You honor Your word with power.
7. We are not asking for release, but for greater impact.
VIII.Perspective. (Acts 4:28-31)
Discussion Questions for This Week
1. What are some bold acts of faith you have taken in this past year? What were the results? Why is boldness required of all believers in today’s world?
2. Why is the requirement of boldness not sufficient by itself to make an action wise or justified? (John 17:17, 1 Corinthians 16:14)
3. What risks are involved in proclaiming Jesus as the only way of salvation in the world? Why is it worth it?
4. How would you compare the miraculous healing of the lame man with the typical “faith healings” presented on television? (Acts 3:1-10)
5. Review the eight marks of a Spirit-led ministry from Sunday. Which one do you want to grow? How is MCC doing with these characteristics? How can you help your family grow in these?
6. Why should we pray individually and as a group? (Psalm 5:3, 34:15, Matthew 7:7, Mark 9:24, Luke 18:13-14, John 16:24, Ephesians 1:15-20 and James 1:5, 5:13-18).