The Church on Mission: "Spirit-led Love for All Kinds of People"
The Church on Mission: “Spirit-led Love for All Kinds of People”
Psalm 73:28 - “But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.”
2 Corinthians 5:14 - “Christ's love compels us…”
I. A Businesswoman: Faith. (Acts 16:11-15)
II. A Slave Girl: Freedom. (Acts 16:16-24)
Revelation 12:9 - “…the devil…is the deceiver of the whole world…”
Revelation 12:10 - “(he is) the accuser of the brothers…”
1 Peter 5:8 - “Your adversary the devil is…seeking someone to devour.”
Ephesians 6:11 - “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”
Galatians 5:1 - “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm… do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."
III. A Jailer: Hope. (Acts 16:25-34 )
Characteristics of Gospelizing:
1. Prayerfully engaging others.
2. Living the Gospel.
4. Trusting in God’s provision and providence.
6. Showing God’s love. (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
7. Speaking the Gospel. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
2 Corinthians 5:20 “…we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”
For Discussion This Week
1. Share a people watching story from your life that impacted you. To what extent can you know someone just by watching them?
2. Why is it so easy at times to value being busy, ministry and working hard over authentic loving relationships? Read the following and talk about what you see is true biblical love. Matthew 5:44-45, 1 John 4:8-10 & 19-21, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, John 3:16-17, 13:34-35 & 14:15.
3. Discuss how you see Satan most at work. What is our main calling as followers of Christ in dealing with satanic lies and works? (John 15:7-8)
4. How should Acts 16:14, which says the Lord opened Lydia’s heart to respond to the gospel, affect the way we talk to others about Jesus?
5. Discuss how you are doing in sharing the Gospel and having Gospel conversations? Pray for each other to have a Gospel conversation this week.