Jesus Changes Everything: "Jesus Changes our Failures"
Jesus Changes Everything: “Jesus Changes Our Failures”
Failure- Lack of success or lack of thriving. Missing the objective.
I. Walk with friends. (John 21:1-3)
II. Learn. (John 21:3)
John 15:5 - “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he…bears much fruit…apart from me you can do nothing.”
III. Receive Christ’s words. (John 21:4-11)
IV. Obey Him. (John 21:4-11)
V. Seek Him. (John 21:12-14)
VI. Accept His restoration. (John 21:15-19)
Matthew 4:19-“And Jesus said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’”
Thoughts of Church Restoration and Ministry:
1. The root of sin is self-righteousness.
2. Believing we are useless will keep us from being useful.
3. Restoration is personal, but not private.
4. Brokenness is better than giftedness.
5. Broken people in Christ have a depth and impact of ministry we never had before.
Faith Sheet for this Week
1. What do you appreciate about God right now?
2. How has Jesus revealed Himself to you through failure?
3. Have you ever experienced a season when you felt like “returning to fishing” instead of trusting in God and moving forward? How did you start to move forward again?
4. Why is the forgiveness of sin not sufficient for salvation? Why do we need Christ’s righteousness as well? (Genesis 6:5, Romans 5:12-15)
5. Why do we find it easy to question why God has different plans for others?
6. Which of God’s attributes or characteristics help you the most in learning to be content with where He has you now?
7. Conclude with Peter’s prayer in 1 Peter 5:10-11. Pray for one another and your ministry in the community.