Jesus Changes Everything: "Jesus Changes our Message"
Jesus Changes Everything: “Jesus Changes Our Message”
2 Corinthians 4:5 - “For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.”
Our Message Becomes Clear With:
- Everyday life
I. Jesus promises to give the Spirit to empower His followers. (Acts 1:4-5)
John 7:37-39 - “…Jesus (said), …Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ …he said about the Spirit…’”
John 16:14- “He (the Spirit) will glorify me…”
1 Corinthians 12:13 - “For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body… and all were made to drink of one Spirit.”
Corrie ten Boom - “Trying to do the Lord’s work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.”
II. Jesus promises to give the Spirit, so the Good News will be proclaimed across the earth.(Acts 1:6-8)
John 15:26 - “But when the Helper comes…he will bear witness about me.”
1 Corinthians 12:3 - “…no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.”
Begin with Prayer
Eat with them
Share the Gospel
III. Jesus promises soon to return so we pray and walk in the Spirit.(Acts 1:9-14)
Galatians 5:16 - “…walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”
Ephesians 6:18 - “Praying at all times in the Spirit…”
1. How does our perspective of earthly promises impact how we view God’s promises?
2. How do you handle the mysteries of life? (What is God’s plan, how is God working, etc.)? What helps you when the Lord says don’t worry or that you will have to wait?
3. Why are we prone to overlook the promise of the Holy Spirit being within us daily?
4. What are some examples of the Holy Spirit’s power that you have seen lately in your own life that has encouraged you?
5. Read the 8 passages of Acts from Sunday’s message concerning prayer and use them to pray with someone this week.
2019 MCC Prayer Goals
John 15:7-8 - "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.”
1. Celebrate dozens of people professing Christ, being publicly baptized and joining our Disciple- Making Pathway.
2. Celebrate the growth of over 100 followers of Christ worshipping on Sundays at Harborcreek Community Church (HCC) and Edinboro Community church (ECC).
1. Celebrate more involvement in our community and our four adopted community ministries. (Erie City Mission, Grover Cleveland School, Harvest Food Bank and Women’s Care Center)
2. Celebrate the multiplication of dozens of Community and Discipleship groups as we reach more people in Erie County.
1. Celebrate more involvement in personal, family and church-wide prayer in order to enjoy God’s presence and increase discipleship.
2. Celebrate testimonies of Christ and His work each Sunday in order to encourage us to keep making disciples.