Jesus Changes Everything: "Jesus Changes Our Worship"
Jesus Changes Everything: “Jesus Changes Our Worship” - Part 1
I. Jesus Changes the object of our Worship. (Matthew 26:6-7)
II. Jesus Changes the wholeheartedness of our Worship. (Matthew 26:6-7)
Matthew 13:44 - “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”
III. Worship may lead to criticism from some, but it brings the praise of Christ. (Matthew 26:8-13)
Family Faith Sheet
1. Read Matthew 6:6-13. What feelings do you think Mary might have experienced as these events unfolded?
2. What motives and desires do you wrestle with that keep you from wholeheartedly worshipping Christ?
3. Why do you think the disciples criticized Mary? Have you ever faced criticism or rebuke for devotion to Jesus?
4. Why do you think Jesus singled out Mary’s act of devotion as an enduring example?
5. How might you begin to cultivate a greater love for Christ that compels you toward generosity and sacrifice?