Stories and Signs: "Keep on Believing"
Stories and Signs: “Keep on Believing”
Jeremiah 32:17, 41 “Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.”
“(The LORD says) I will rejoice in doing them good… with all my heart and all my soul.”
I. Trust in Jesus’ power to heal sickness. (Mark 5:21-24, 35-43)
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - “Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.…he said… ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses…”
II. Trust in Jesus’ power to take away guilt and shame. (Mark 5:25-34)
~ Guilt refers to someone being found guilty for a wrong committed. (I did wrong)
~ Shame is the emotional pain that comes from continual remembrance of wrong actions. (I am wrong)
1. Afraid of exposure
2. Struggles with intimacy
3. Pervasive sense of unworthiness
2. Value and time
3. Words of life
III. Trust in Jesus’ power to take away the curse of death. (Mark 5:21-43)
1. They didn’t have faith in faith, but faith in Christ.
2. Their faith was strengthened in desperation.
3. Their faith embraced full surrender.
Family Faith Sheet
1. What happens to our relationship with God when we are no longer in awe of Him or His power?
2. How does the work of Christ remove shame? What do you do when you are stricken with guilt or shame? Read Isaiah 54:4, Isaiah 61:7, Zephaniah 3:19 and Mark 5:33-34. Discuss the ways Jesus addressed her shame from Sunday’s message and our role today in addressing shame where we find it.
3. According to Romans 5:1-2, Ephesians 2:8-9, and Philippians 3:8-9, how does faith in Jesus come through and fromJesus? If our faith is fading, where does Hebrews 12:2-3 urge us to turn for nourishment and why? Read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. If God gives us grace to keep going in our sickness, how is this to His glory and our good? Stop and pray for each other’s faith.
4. Why do Christians focus on relieving both temporal and eternal suffering?
5. How is it going with your family or C group in gospelizing the people you chose to serve? What are their desperate needs? How are you meeting them? Pray for them and then go.