Stories and Signs: "The Unmerciful Servant"
Stories and Signs: “The Unmerciful Servant”
I. Forgiveness is a way of life in God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 18:21-22)
2 Corinthians 5:19
II. Forgiveness is a response of being forgiven. (Matthew 18:23-35)
1. We have been forgiven an overwhelming debt.
2. Forgiveness fuels forgiving.
3. Forgiveness doesn’t overlook sin.
4. Failure to forgive has an eternal cost.
Faith Sheet for Friends and Family this Week
1. How would you define forgiveness?
2. What makes forgiveness difficult to give to some?
3. What effect has God’s compassion and forgiveness through Jesus Christ had upon you?
4. What are some ways, even subtle ones, that we can punish others instead of forgive them for wrongs they have done against us?
5. How can we resist the desire for vengeance and instead practice mercy as it has been shown to us in Christ?