The Church on Mission: "Spirit-led Sharing of the Good News When Facing Rejection"
Church on Mission: Spirit-led Sharing of the Good News When Facing Rejection
I. Rejecting the Good News
1. Intrigued: Loving Sin More. (Acts 24:22-27)
John 3:19-20 – "And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.”
John 3:16-17 – “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”
2. Indifferent: Wanting to keep the peace. (Acts 25:1-12)
3. Insincere: Focusing on what others think. (Acts 26:24-29)
Luke 9:26 - “For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.”
II. Sharing the Good News When Facing Rejection
1. Remember eternity is coming.(Acts 24:25)
2. Rest on the Promises of God. (Acts 25:11)
3. RecognizeGod transforms hearts. (Acts 26:2-23)
4. Revere God over man. (Acts 26:25)
For Discussion this Week
1. What do you believe are the biggest factors that cause people to reject the gospel?
2. How can we address the difficulties that keep unbelievers from trusting in Jesus?
3. How can we be tempted to waver in our faith because of pressures from individuals or the culture around us?
4. When was the last time you almost shared your testimony or witnessed to a non-believer? What held you back?
5. How can Paul’s witness encourage us to seize every opportunity to spread the gospel?
6. What promises or truths from Scripture encourage you to share the gospel when you know you could be rejected?