Series: The Promise of Hope
The Promise of Hope: Living in God's Hope and Peace
December 22, 2019 | Todd Cyphers
The Promise of Hope: Living in God’s Hope and Peace
Isaiah 9:2, 6-7
December 22, 2019
Luke 1:78-79 - “Because of the mercy of our God… (He will) shine on those who live in darkness…in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.”
1. God’s Peace is for All Who Please God.
Luke 2:13-14 - “Suddenly… a multitude of the heavenly host were praising God… Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom He is pleased!”
Romans 5:1 - “…we have been justified by faith; we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
2. God’s Peace is Abnormal.
John 14:27 - “Jesus said, …my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives… Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
3. God’s Peace is Attractive.
Acts 16:25, 30-31 - “About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God…the prisoners were listening to them… ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”…they said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved… and your household.’”
4. God’s Peace is to be Shared with Others.
James 3:18 - “And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.”
Before they read a Bible, let them read me.
God, give me a place today to show your grace.
Questions for More Growth This Week
1. What do you like best about Christmas and this season?
2. What can be difficult?
3. In what ways does the world need more hope and peace?
4. In what ways can Christ bring peace and hope to the world?
5. What is the difference between walking in light and walking in a dark place you do not know? How does knowing what God’s Word says help you in your daily life walk?
6. Thank God for Jesus coming to earth to save us from our sins and to be with us.