What's that Verse Again???
It’s Sunday morning and you’re on your way to church… “Hey does anyone know the transformation verse this week?” Does that sound familiar? It’s easy to get busy during the summer and let things slip especially when no one is holding you accountable.
For the rest of summer we will not be asking people to say the transformation verse during the service. We strongly encourage families to take ownership in making it a priority to continue to memorize the transformation verse each week. There is value in hiding God’s word in our heart. Psalm 119:11 says “Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.”
Here are some simple ways to make it a part of everyday so you and your family will be like Psalm 1: 2-3 “But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water which yields it fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.”
- Put a card in your vehicle so when you travel you can practice it
- Write the transformation verse on a decorative plate or a dry erase board to have in your kitchen so each day you will see it and recite it.
- At bedtime, practice it with your children. Practice praying it with your children.
- Put it on something that you see on a regular basis like your computer screen, your bathroom mirror, your refrigerator, or even your TV!
- Find someone from church to hold you accountable so when you see each other on Sunday you can quickly say it to each other
- PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that God will give you a desire to memorize His Word and use it to disciple others around you.
May God richly bless and then use you to minister to others as you hide His truth in your heart!