Coronavirus, Plagues and Effective Ministry
In 250AD through 280AD, Dionisus gives a first-hand account of Christians who were transformed into missionaries and health care servants to those suffering in Rome from the plague. “Heedless of danger, they took charge of the sick, attending to their every need, ministering to them in Christ, and with them departed this life serenely happy; for they were infected by others with the disease, drawing on themselves the sickness of their neighbors and cheerfully accepting their pains.”
Some of my prayers during the coronavirus testing of faith:
- We would love and serve others in a way that shows the world the resurrected Christ.
- Be people of prayer instead of worry.
- Keep meeting and worshipping. (Facebook live is still an option on Sundays at 9 and 10:45 am)
- Everyone learns to wash their hands before they eat! (that would make my mom proud)
- Have Gospel conversations as though someone’s eternity depended on it.
Remember, God prepared us for this before time began.
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
In His Grace,