Online Worship Services for March at MCC
In light of Governor Tom Wolf’s counsel to limit gatherings of over 250 people in Pennsylvania, we will be suspending Sunday morning services and any activities at the church for Millcreek Community Church (MCC) through the end of March. We are doing this with the network of our churches as well as most every other church in the area as a unified front to care for our people well. We are joining many schools, businesses, and churches in the area in taking preventative measures that are suggested by health officials and our Governor. We will continually re-evaluate the situation as new information comes to light. This is a proactive measure based not in fear, but in love. We are called to love God and love others, so we want to protect the elderly and the vulnerable among us. We believe, after prayer and listening to others in places of authority, this is the next right-step in the calling to love God and love others.
How we will do online services:
- There is a Spotify playlist for the songs we typically sing at MCC on Sunday mornings here:
- We will send out lyrics for a few songs each week for you to utilize in your homes and small gatherings.
- Starting this Sunday (3/15) at 9AM the sermon will be uploaded to our Facebook page, website (org/resources/sermons), Millcreek CC App, and YouTube channel so you can watch with a small group of friends, C-Group, D-Group or family. You can even do it on your own time or in your Pajamas!
- The major concern is that even with an issue like Coronavirus we don’t neglect the commands to gather together as possible in Hebrews 10:24-25 – “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
We believe we are “considering” how to stir up one another to love and good works by making these adjustments for these few weeks. While not ideal or perfect we can still meet together through the technology of social media.
- You can do these through email at , messaging through Facebook or Instagram, or through our MCC APP.
We ask that Community Groups and Discipleship Groups still meet based on their discretion. If you are sick or not comfortable meeting we recommend you utilize services like Google hangouts, Zoom, FaceTime, etc.
For continual updated information please check the MCC APP, website (millcreek.org), MCC emails and social media channels.
Thank you for your continued support financially, which also can be done through our MCC APP or online. We will continue to be good stewards of His provision. We are still working behind the scenes, in fact most of our staff is working extra hours at the moment.
Please stay connected to the MCC family and stay in prayer for others.
You can find more information about the Coronavirus at www.cdc.gov/COVID19.
Now, speaking of proximity and being infectious, that is how the Good News of Jesus Christ spreads to others. Whoever God puts you with in this time of slowing down, remember to be infectious in the Gospel way: “So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8