We presented prayer goals this past week and prayed. We will review those prayer goals this Sunday. Now, it is a good time to review where each of us is individually and maybe even review some of the below questions with our family or Community group.
Enclosed are ten questions from Donald Whitney. The beginning of a new year is an ideal time to stop, look up, and get our bearings. To that end, here are some questions to ask prayerfully in the presence of God. Glenna and I are reviewing one question each day and we are praying for you as you review these questions.
Please choose several questions to discuss and pray over in the next week.
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Grow us Father in our love for You, our love for others and in our willingness to make disciples who will make other disciples until Christ returns.